Smt.B.Seetha Polytechnic was established at Vishnupur, Bhimavaram, WestGodavari District, Andhra Pradesh on 9th December, 1997 by Sri VISHNU EDUCATIONAL SOCIETY.
Sri VISHNU EDUCATIONAL SOCIETY was established in 1992, by Padmabhushan Dr.B.V.Raju a great philanthrapist.
Smt. B. Seetha Polytechnic was started in the year 1997 by Sri ViShnu Educational Society with a view to impart quality education to the rural students. The vision of our Founder Chairman reflected in the sprawling campus with the Polytechnic in a 50,000 sq.ft. building, equipped with state of art laboratories and rich collection of books in the libraries,with Qualified faculty which paved the way for achieving excellent results. The Polytechnic was converted from women's Polytechnic to co-education institute in the year 2000.
AFFILIATION AND RECOGNITION:
The College is affiliated to State Board of Technical Education & Training, Hyderabad and Recognized by All India Council for Technical Education, New Delhi.
Admissions into the polytechnic will be made by conducting Common Entrance Examination for admission into Polytechnics (CEEP)by SBTET AP Hyderabad. The CEEP will be conducted during April/May every year. The councelling will be conducted in the month of June/July every year. Admissions into various polytechnics of the state will be made based on CEEP ranks. For further details on polytechnic admissions log on to WWW.SBTET.ac.in
FACILITIES PROVIDED BY THE INSTITUTE:
Class teachers and procters take personal attention to improve the academic performance, co-cirrcular and extracirrcular activites of the students. Every day evening study hours are conducted by the faculty to clarify the doubts especially to cater the needs of students who are weak in academics to impart personal care. To extract the maximum academic excellence and results,regular internal examinations along with repeated class tests are conducted and results will be communicated to the parents about the progress of the students. Many awareness programmes like the career guidance programmes and personality development programmes are conducted time to time to make the students compete with their counterparts. The institute provides ECET coaching classes for the final year students. To provide special care and convenience to the students the classes are divided into number of sections.The faculty members are given AICTE pay scales to retain qualified, competent, committed and experienced faculty in the institute.
Courses offered in affliation with SBTET,A.P,HYD and recogniged by A.I.C.T.E,NEW DELHI
Name of the Course
Year of Establishment
Duration of the course
Diploma in Computer Engineering
Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering
Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Diploma in Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
CURRICULUM (C-05) FOR DIPLOMA COURSES IN ANDHRA PRADESH
The State Board of Technical Education and Training,with the active Support of the department of technical education is in the habit of reviewing curriculam every five years.Accordingly the board actively got the curriculam prepared for the next five years.
The main objective of the curricula change was to meet the growing needs of industry, to the extent possible,by visualizing the scenario.To meet this requirement of industry,the board/department realized the need for quality technicians,who can meet the challenges confidently with confidence and commitment.To put succinctly,the board/department wants to produce best technicians within the country.
1. The curriculum is prepared on year-wise basis for all branches,in the 1st year and semester wise in the 2nd (3&4 semesters)&3rd(5&6semester) years of study.
2. The scheme of examination of all courses by and large, maintained common to all courses with 5 theory and 5 practical in first year with a total of 1000 marks and 5theory and 3 practical subjects in each of the 4semester with a total of 800 marks in each of the semester
3. In an era of liberalization privatization and globalization,the need for the communication skills of the studends is playing a major role in their success in industry .
The curriculum is prepared aiming at enhancing the listening,speaking and writing skills of the students.
4. The subject of mathmatics has been strengthened in the C-05 curriculum,by adding certain needed topics which are relevant to Engineering education.
5. The policy decisions taken at the state and central level are implemented with regard to environmental studies by introducing a separate subject called ‘Environmental Studies’ in all the diploma courses .this is also in accordance with in the supreme court guidelines issued in Sri Mehata’s case.
6. Practical component of the physics and chemistry are separated and each carries 100 marks.this will help in giving attention to the subject in a better manner.
7. The information technology subject is more streamlined to emphasis on practical aspects in the IVsemester.this will encourage the student to make reports and presentations gathering information from internet.
8. Skills needed in the use of software or important fpor the student,once student joins industry.To facilitate this the appropriat software(CAD/CAM/FLASH/ADOBE/PHOTOSHOP/MULTIMEDIAetc.)are included in the relevant curriculum,to enhance on hand experience.
9. More attention is given to the practical content of laboratories and workshops.thus strengthening the practical side.
10. Curriculum of laboratory and workshop have been thoroughly revised basing on the suggestions received from the industry ,faculty for better utilisation of the equipment ,available at the polytechnic the experiments /exercises that are chosen for the practical sessions are identified to conform to the field requirements of industry.
11. Concepts of energy audit,environment management,renewable sources of energy,industrial safety.consumer rights etc.have been included at appropriate places in each discipline.
12. The curriculum of industrial management and entrepreneurship’ has been reviewed and reinforced by updating the contents to prepared the student to consider ‘Self Employment’ as a carrier option.
13. Project work of VIsemester is aimed promoting working in group /team building skills through ‘Practice-oriented,project based activities’.the project is to suggest entrepreneurship promoting through better interaction of students with industries,R&D institution and other developmental/promotional agencies.
14. Each student,as a part of his/her the co_curricular requirementsill have to present a seminar to his fellow student’ s ,faculty of the branch,English faculty and others.the aim of the presentation is to enhance the communication and public speaking skills .
15. To promote co_curricular and extra curricular activities and to strengthen values,attritudes of the technician ,3 periods are provided/week,with a total of 45 periods/semester for tutorials/seminars/visits/guest lectures etc.
16. The members of the working group are grateful to sri G.Anantha Ramu ,I.A.S.,Commissioner of technical education & chairman,S.B.T.E.T for his guidance and inspiring instructions rendered from time to time in revising,modifying and updating the curriulum.
17. Members also thank Dr.Jaya prakash Narayan,principal of national institute of technical teachers training and research(southern region),Chennai and faculty of N.I.T.T.T.R.(S.R),Chennai,who participated in the workshops and for their valuable suggestions and guidance.\
18. The members acknowledge with thanks the cooperation and guidance provided by Sri.G.V.Ranganath,secretary ,state board of technical education and training ,A.P.,Sri.U.J.Pandit Additional secretary,S.B.T.E.T.,And other officials of directorate of techinal education and the state board of technical education,A.P.,experts from industry,academia from the universities and higher learning institutions and all teaching fraternity from the polytechnics who are directly and indirectly invoved in preparation of the curricula.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR DIPLOMA COURSES UNDER THE CURRICULUM-2005(C-05):
1. DURATION AND PATTERN OF THE COURSES
All the diploma programmes run at various institutions are of three years duration and in case of sandwich programmes , it is 3½ of years duration .
All the diploma courses are run on year pattern in the first year, and the remaining two or two & half years are run in the semester pattern .For all other sandwich courses,the training will be in fifth & sixth semesters and seventh semester will be institution. The courses like diploma in electronics with specialization CP/CN/IE/HMCT,architecture and chemical(sugar)technology the training is in the 5th semester.
The following courses are run in the semester pattern right from the first year,i.e.first and second semesters.leather technology,textile technology(G.I.T.T.-Gunter),ceramic technology and printing technology under MPEC system.
2.PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION IN TO THE DIPLOMA COURSE:
Selection of candidates is governed by the rules and regulations laid down in this regard from time to time.
i) candidates who wish to seek admission in any of the diploma courses will have to appear for common entrance examination (CEEP) conducted by the state board of technical education & training , Andhra Pradesh , Hyderabad.
Only the candidates satisfying the following requirements will be eligible to appear for the common entrance examination(CEEP).
a) The candidates seeking admission should have appeared for the X class examination,conducted by the board of secondary examination,Andhrapradesh or equivalent examination thereto,at the time of marking application to the common entrance examination for polytechnics(CEEP).Incase candidates who apply pending results of their qualifying examinations,their selection shall be subject to production of proof of their passing the qualifying examination in one attempt or compartmentally at the time of interview for admission.
b) Admission are made based on the merit rank obtained in the common entrance examination (CEEP) and the reservations rules stipulated by the government of Andhrapradesh from time to time.
c) for admission into the following diploma courses for which entry qualification is 103 candidates need not appear for CEEP .A separate notification will be issued for admission into these courses.
4). jewellery designing and manufacturing
5) .Architectural assistantship(Interior Design)
6).Architectural Assistantship(Landscape Design)
8).textile technology and
9).travel & tourism.
3.MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
The medium of instruction and examination shall be English.
4.NUMBER OF WORKING DAYS PER SEMESTER/YEAR:
a). the academic year for all the courses shall be form june of the year of admission to march of the succeeding year.
b). the working days in a week shall be from Monday to Saturday
c). there shall be 7 periods of 50 minutes duration on all working days.
d). the minimum number of working days for each semester/year shall be 90/180 days excluding examination days.If this prescribed minimum is not achieved due to any reason,special arrangements shall be made to conduct classes to complete the curriculum.
5.ELIGIBILITY OF ATTENDENCE TO APPEAR FOR THE END EXAMINATION
a). A candidate shall be permitted to appear for the end examination in all subjects, if he or she has attended a minimum of 75% of working days during the year/semester.
b). Condonation of shortage of attendance in aggregate upto 10% (65% and above and below 75%) in each semester or 1st year may be granted on medical grounds.
c).A stipulated fee shall be payable towards condonation of shotage of attendance.
d). Candidates having less than 65% attendance shall be detained.
e). Students whose shortage of attendance is not condoned in any semester / 1st year are not eligible to take their end examination of that class and their admissions shall stand cancelled.They may seek re-admission for that semester / 1st year when offered next.
6.SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
a). FIRST YEAR
Each subject carries 50 or 100 marks with examination of 2 or 3 hours duration.
There shall be 40 marks for regular practical work done ,i.e., sessional marks for each practical subject with an end examination of 3 hours duration carrying 60 marks . however, inphysics practicals and chemistry practicals,each will have 60 marks in the nd examination with a 2-hour duration and 40 sessionals marks.
b)III,IV,V and VI semester:
THEORY EXAMINATION:Each subject carries 50 or 100 marks of 2 or 3 hours duration.
PRACTICAL EXAMINATION:Each subject carry 30 or 60 marks of three hours duration 20 or 40 sessional marks.
7.INTERNAL ASSESSMENT SCHEME
a). THEORY SUBJECTS:Theory subjects do not carry any sessional marks.
However , it is obligatory on the part of the student concerned to appear For at least 2 tests twice a year or semester as the case may be and schedule are to be as follows.
1st TEST:After completion of 30 working days in a semester .
2nd TEST:After completion of 60 working days in a semester.
This helps the student to access himself of his readlines,to take up examinations and prepares him to face public examinations.
b)Practicals:students’s performance in laboratories/workshop shall be accessed during the year of study for 40 marks in each practical subject.Project work carries 40 marks.Evaluation of project work shall be based on efforte put in by the student and his/her personal involvement in building up a project.Allotment of marks should be discreate taking into consideration the students to him/her.Each student has to write a record/log book for asseeement purpose.In the subject of drawing ,which is also considered as a practical paper,the same rules hold good .Drawing experience are to be filed in seriatum.
c) Internal assessment in labs/workshops/survey field etc., during the course of study shall be done and sessionals awarded by lecturer /senior lecturer/workshop superintendent as the case may be.
d) For practical examinations ,except in drawing,there shall be two examiners.External examiner shall be appointed by the principal in consultaion with respective head of the department preferably choosing a person from an industry.Internal examiner shall be the person concerned with internal assessment as in (c) above.For drawing there is no practical examination.
e) Question paper for practicals:Question paper shold cover all the experiments/exercise prescribed.
f) In the evaluation of project work,each student or group of students associated with a particular project as the case may be shall be examined. Project guide shall assist external examiner;Head Department shall be the coordinator of the evaluation for all the teams.
g)Records pertaining to internal assessment marks of both theory and practical subjects are to be maintained for official inspection.
h) Incase of sand wich courses and also other Diploma courses where the industrial training is offered,the training assessment shall be done and marks be awarded in the following ratio.
180(industry):20(logbook):20(record):30 (seminar/viva)=250 marks.
The assessment at the institute level will be done by a minimum of three faculty members including H.O.D and be averaged.
8.MINIMUM PASS MARKS
THEORY EXAMINATION: 35% IN END EXAMINATION
PRACTICAL EXAMINATION: 50% IN END EXAMINATION*
*A minimum of 50% in end examination and a combined minimum of 50% of both sessional and practical examination marks are put together.Incase of D.C.C.P , the pass marks for type writing and short hand is 45% in the examination . there are no sessional marks for type writing and short hand subjects of D.C.C.P course.
9.PROVISION FOR IMPROVEMENT
1. Improvement is allowed only after he/she has completed all the subjects from 1st year to final semester of the diploma .
2. improvement is allowed in any four subjects of the diploma.
3. the student can avail of this improvement chance only once that too with in the succeeding two examinations after the completion of diploma , with a condition that the duration including betterment examination shall not exceed FIVE years from the 1st admission .allowing candidates will violate RULE 11.4.
4. no improvement is allowed in practical /lab subjects or project work or industrial training assessment . however , improvement is allowed in drawing subjects.
5. if improvement is not achieved , the marks obtained in previous examinations hold good.
6. improvement is not allowed in respect to the candidates who are punished under mal –practices in any examinations.
7. examination fee for improvement shall be paid as per the notification issued by state board of technical education and training from time to time .
8. all the candidates who wish to appear for improvement of performance shall deposit the original marks memos of all the years /semesters and also original diploma certificate to the board . if there is improvement in performance of the current examination , the revised memorandum of marks and original diploma certificate will be issued else the submitted originals will be returned .
10.RULES OF PROMOTION FROM 1ST YEAR TO 3RD ,4th ,5TH AND 6TH SEMESTERS:
A) for diploma courses (except HMCT , Architecture & chemical-sugar)
1 . a candidate shall be permitted to appear for 1st year examination provided he /she puts in 75% attendance (which can be condoned on medical grounds up to 10%). i.e., attendance after condonation on medical grounds should not be less than 65% and pay the examination fee.
2. a candidate shall be promoted to 3rd semester if he/she puts the required percentage of attendance in the 1st year and pays the examination fee . a candidate who could not pay the 1st year examination fee has to pay the promotion fee has prescribed by state board of technical education and training from time to time before commencement of 3rd semester.
3. a candidate shall be promoted to 4th semester provided he/she puts the required percentage of attendance in the 3rd semester and pay the examination fee a candidate who could not pay the 3rd semester exam fee, has to pay the promotion fee as prescribed by state board of technical education and training from time to time before commencement of 4th semester .
A candidate is eligible to appear for the 4th semester exam if he/she
i). puts the required percentage of attendance in the 4th semester
ii).should not have failed in more than 4 backlog subjects of 1st year and 3rd semester put together.
4.a candidate shall be promoted to 5th semester provided he/she puts the require percentage for attendance in the 4th semester and pays the examination fee. A candidate ,who could not pay the 4th semester examination fee,has to pay the promotion fee has prescribed by state board of technical education and training from time to time before commencement of 5th semester .
A candidate is eligible to appear for 5th semester , if he/she
i).puts the required percentage of attendance in 5th semester and
ii).should have appear for 4th semester examination and should not have failed in morethan 4 backlog subjects of 1st year and 3rd semester put together .
5.a candidate shall be promoted to 5th semester provided he/sheputs the required percentage of attendance in the 5th semester and pay the examination fee. A candidate , who could not pay the 5th semester examination fee , has to pay the promotion fee as prescribed by state board of technical education and training from time to time before commencement of 6th semester.
A candidate is eligible to appear for the 6th semester if he/she
i).puts the require percentage of attendance in 6th semester and
ii).should have appear for 5th semester examination and should not have failed in morethan 6 backlog subjects of 1st year , 3rd to 5th semester put together.
a) in case a candidate does not successfully complete the industrial training,he/she will have to repeat the training at his/her own cost.
b) The first spell of industrial training shall commence 10days after the completion of the last theory examination of 4th semester.
c) The second spell of industrial training shall commence within 10days after the completion of first of first spell of industrial training.
d) Each semester of institutional study shall be a minimum of 90 workingdays.(with 6 workingdays in a week i.e.from Monday to Saturday,with 7periods of 50 minutes,duration per day.
11.STUDENTS PERFORMANCE EVALUATION:
Successful candidates shall be awarded the diploma under the following division of pass
1. first class with distinction shall be awarded to the candidates who secure an overall aggregate of 75% marks and above .
2. first class shall be awarded to candidates who secure overall aggregate of 60% marks and above and below 75% marks.
3. second class shall be awarded to candidates who secure a pass with a overall aggregate of below 60% .
the weightage of marks for various year/semester which are taken for computing overall aggregate shall be 25% of 1st year marks+ 100% of 3rd and sub sequent semesters .with respect to the inter mediate vocational candidates who are admitted directly into diploma course at the 3rd semester(i.e., 2nd year) level the aggregate of (100%) marks secured at the 3rd and subsequent semesters levels of study shall along be taken into consideration for determining the overall percentage of marks secured by the candidates for award of class/division.
4. second class shall be awarded to all students who failed to complete the diploma in the regular 3 years and 4 subsequent examination , for the 1st admission .
12.EXAMINATION FEE SCHEDULE:
The examination fee should be as per the notification issued by state board of technical education and training from time to time.
13.STRUCTURE OF END EXAMINATION QUESTION PAPER
The question paper for theory examination is patterned in such a manner that the weightage of periods / marks allotted for each of the topics of for a particular subjects to be considered .Each examination paper is of 2/3/6 /9 hours duration .
a) each theory paper consist of section “A” and section “B”.section A contains 10 short answer questions . all questions are to be answered and each carries 4 marks max. marks : 10*4=40.
Section B contains 8 essay type questions including numerical questions , out of which five questions each carrying 12 marks are to be answered.
Total maximum marks:100
b) for engineering drawing subject(107) consist of section “A” and section “B”.
section A contains 4 questions all questions in section A are to be answered and each carries 5 marks.
Section B contains 6 questions out of which 4 questions to be answered and each question carries 10 marks .
For work shop practice
Each student has to pickup a question paper distributed by lottery system.
Max.marks for an experiment /excercises:50
Max.mark for viva –voce:10
Incase of practical examination with 50 marks , the ratio will be worked out basing on the above .
14.ISSUE OF MEMORONDUM OF MARKS
All candidates who appear for the end examination will be issued memorandum of marks with out any payment of fee.however candidates who loss the original memorandum of marks have to pay the prescribed fee to the secretary , state board of technical education and training , A.P for each duplicate memo.
15.MAXIMUM PERIOD FOR COMPLETION ON DIPLOMA COURSES
Maximum period for completion of the course is twice the duration of the course from the date of the first admission (includes the period of detention and discontinuation of studies by student etc).failing which they will have the for feit the claim for quadifying for award of diploma (they will not be permitted to appear for examinations after that date ).this rule applies for all diploma courses of 2nd years and 3rd years and 3 ½ years of engineering and non engineering courses.
16.ELIGIBILITY FOR AWARDED OF DIPLOMA
A candidate is eligible for award of diploma certificate /sandwich diploma certificate if he/she fulfils the following academic regulation .
i)he /she pursued a course of study for not lessthan 2/3/3 1/2 academicyears¬ more than4/6/7 academic years.
ii)he/she has completed all the subjects.
Students who fail to fulfil all the academic requirements for the award of the diploma within 4/6/7 academic years from the year of admission shall forfeit their seat in the course&their seat shall stand cancelled.
a) there is no system of re-valuation or providing Xerox copies of valued answer scripts i.e.,except for the provision of recounting.
b) the verification of the totaling will be done by an officer of the board and will be intimated to the candidate by post only.
A candidate desirous of applying for recounting of marks should submit the application to the secretary,state board of technical education and training,a.p.,hyderbad-500 063 within 15days from the date of receipt of tabulated marks statement by the principal of concerned polytechnic or the date specified.recounting shall be done for any TWO theory subjects per year/semester only,including drawing subjects.no request for recounting shall be entertained from any candidate who is reported to have restored to malpractice in that examination . the fee prescribed for recounting should be paid by way of demand draft drawn on any scheduled bank payable at Hyderabad in favour of the secretary,state board of technical education and training , A.P., Hyderabad.
The following documents should be invariably be enclosed with the application failing which the application will not be considered .
i) marks secured as per tabulated marks sheet certified by the principal.
ii) demand draft towards the payment of fee.
iii) Self-addressed and stamped envelops of 11”*5” size.
The application received after the prescribed date will not be accepted and any correspondence in this regard will not be entertained.
18.MAL PRACTICE CASES:
If any candidate resorts to any malpractice during examination shall be booked and the punishment will be awarded as per rules and regulations framed by S.B.T.E.T from time to time.
Any discrepancy /pleas regarding results etc. shall be represented to the board with in 6 months from the date of issue of results.there after no such cases will be entertained in any manner .
20.ISSUE OF DUPLICATE DIPLOMA:
If a candidate loses his/her original diploma certificate and desires a duplicate to be issued he/she should produce written evidence to this effect. He/she may obtain a duplicate from the secretary , state board of technical education training ,A.P. on payment of prescribed fee and on production of an affidavit signed before first class magistrate (judicial) and non traceable certificate from the department of police.in case of damage of original diploma certificate , he/she may obtained a duplicate certificate by surrendering the original damage certificate on payment of prescribed fee to the state board of technical education and training In case the candidate cannot collect the original diploma with in 1 year from the date of issue of the certificate, the candidate has to pay the penalty prescribed by the SBTET from time to time
21. PERMANENT IDENTIFICATION NUMBER (PIN):
A cumulative /academic record is to be maintained of the marks secured in sessional work and end examinations of each year for detemining the eligibility for promotion etc., a permanent identification number(pin) will be allotted to each candidate so as to facilitate this work and avoid errors in tabulation of results .
22. ISSUE OF MIGRATION CERTIFICATE AND TRANSCRIPTS:
The board on payment of prescribed fee will issue these certificates for the candidates who intend to prosecute for higher studies in India or abroad.
1.The board may change or amend the academic rules and regulations or syllabus at any time and the changes or amendments made shall be applicable to all the students , for whom it is intended , with effect from the dates notified by the competent authority.
2.All legal matters pertaining to the state board of technical education and training are with in the jurisdiction of Hyderabad only.
3.In case of any ambiguity in the interpretation of the above rules, the decision of the secretary , SBTET is final.